We’re delighted to announce that the stations under our umbrella have enjoyed another strong result
The latest JNLR quarterly results are out today. Across the nation, urbanmedia Stations have performed strongly in a very competitive market.
— Dublin’s Q102 (@Q102MoreMusic) July 27, 2017
— FM104 (@FM104) July 27, 2017
Radio Remains The Medium To Beat
Wider trends in the industry are just as encouraging.
- Over 3 million people tune in to radio Ireland everyday!
- Radio makes up 88% of all audio listening
- 82% of Irish Adults (15+) tune into Irish Radio on a daily basis.
- That incorporates 83% of ‘Housekeepers’ and 83% of ‘Housekeepers with Kids’ tuning in daily
- 77% of 15-34’s tune into the radio on a daily basis and radio accounts for 75% of their time spent listening to audio
- Listeners tune in on average for over 4 hours per day (4hrs and 11 mins – 251 minutes)
- No battle of the sexes when it comes to radio – listenership is made up of 51% female and 49% male
- 22% of the all adults audience have downloaded a radio station app
- Audiences are spread out – 61% of listen in urban areas with 39% in rural areas
- Irish radio stations boast 8 million social media connections across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
— urbanmedia (@urbanmediairl) July 27, 2017
— IBIreland (@IBIreland) July 27, 2017